Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cheesy Jalepeno bread makes me happy

Today we had a fundraiser at work that was a tailgating theme. I needed something easy that would also be very tasty and perfect to bring to such an event.


How about some cheesy jalapeño bread? Yes. Please.


Anything with melted cheese on it has my vote, the added green onions and jalapeños just made it that much more desirable...


I needed plenty to feed a large amount of people so I started with this recipe for cheesy bread..doubled it, and took the liberty of adding jalapeños...yum.


Here's my version of the recipe 


Ingredients


1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
2 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 bunch green onions
1 medium can pickled jalapeños
1 cup mayonnaise
4 tablespoons sour cream
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 sticks butter (softened to the point of being slightly melted)
3 loaves French bread





First, mix cheese, chopped green onions, and chopped jalapeños in a large bowl, then stir in the mayo and sour cream



Next, blend the butter and garlic until smooth (I also added a little of the juice from the jalapeños can to this for a little more spice)




Then, add the butter to the cheese mixture




Preheat broiler. Slice bread in half horizontally, lay crust side down




Spread cheese mixture (generously) onto the bread and pop into the oven, I barely walked away because it was before 3 minutes that they were good and melted




mmmmmmm.....:)


and....voila!



Delicious bread for the eating!




It was a success, 6 slices of goodness for my tailgating event and all in a very short amount of time. It was definitely a hit at work.

I will keep this in mind next time we have a party for the UT game...

0 comments: